Who is this for?
This group is designed for women navigating their postpartum journey, both new and experienced parents. Most participants will be parents of a child in the first year of life or slightly beyond. This circle will focus on resourcefulness, community building and facing challenges.
- Diffusing worry about what is normal and whether you’re doing it right, so you can find more presence and joy in motherhood
- Strategies for coping with the intensity of mood and anxiety shifts that we go through after giving birth
- Increasing self-efficacy and verbalizing your needs
- Building social support and connection to disrupt the social isolation of pandemic era motherhood
- Establishing realistic expectations for the postpartum period based on a deeper sense of who you are as an individual, not just a mother
- Developing a relationship with your changing body based in self-care and self-compassion, so you feel more comfortable in your skin
- Navigating relationship and intimacy struggles without shame or stigma
- Learning ways to establish a harmonious connection between yourself and your baby
How will I benefit?
- Led by Dr. Sarah Lavanier, an experienced mama who also happens to be a psychologist and women's health specialist.
- A structured (yet flexible) group that fosters community building, collective empowerment, and committed actions designed to hold each other accountable for goal setting and achieving. You’ll discover what is most important to you during this life transition where your roles and responsibilities are shifting.
- Access to resources and new perspectives from a diverse group you might normally not engage with
- Opportunity to stake your claim in self-care from the privacy and convenience of your own home during a time when external social options are limited.
- Ability to be heard and supported by women who know EXACTLY what you’re going through (so that hive-mind can make everyone stronger!)
How do we connect?
We’ll meet through a private online video platform.
When and how often do we meet?
Next Session Starts Spring 2022!
What’s the commitment?
We ask that you do your very best to attend every circle for the sake of safety and consistency (and if you need to miss one, we totally get it - because, life).
Each group will have a focused topic of the week, specific action items we individually work on, and group discussion. By the end of our time together we will each have a toolkit to support our pregnancy and postpartum journeys in this challenging time (Not to mention new connections to lean upon as you continue your growth!).
What is the cost?
Galia Collaborative is committed to fostering an equitable world and promoting economic justice. Our Thrive Circle pricing model reflects this mission. We offer Thrive Circles at three price points and ask that you select the pricing that best reflects your economic circumstance.
Standard Pricing: $65/session (8 sessions)
This is the standard cost of this service and should be selected if you have access to financial security, own property or have personal savings, you would not traditionally qualify for sliding scale services.
Equity Pricing: $40/session (8 sessions)
If you struggle to maintain access to needs such as healthcare, housing, food, child care, and are living paycheck to paycheck, please select this option. If you are interested in participating and this price is out of reach, please contact us and we will do our best to help you access our services.
Rise and Lift Pricing: $75/session (8 sessions)
If you recognize that you have solid financial security and would like to support other women to access these services, please select this pricing.
How do I get started?
Register using the form below! You'll receive a confirmation email shortly after.